This one-day workshop covers what you need to know to take effective minutes for a variety of types of meetings.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those new to minute-taking or wanting a refresher. Knowledge of shorthand is not required.
- Understand types of meetings, meeting procedures and what makes an effective meeting
- Formulate an agenda and prepare for meetings
- Write clear and effective minutes and action point lists
- Recognise the common challenges involved in minute taking
- Identify the requirements of effective meetings
- Identify tools available to record minutes
- Identify different types of minute templates and minute styles and at what meetings to use them
- Use an action points list effectively
- Write effective minutes (includes practical exercises)
- Use three proven techniques to make minute taking easier
- Determine what needs to be recorded
- Use a three step approach to recording discussion
- Understand formal meeting procedures in relation to recording motions and amendments correctly
- Review the process for taking in committee minutes
- Effective record keeping
- Recognise the legal issues relating to minute taking
- Effective agenda formulation
This is an interactive workshop with a maximum of 16 participants. The presenter uses a combination of presentation and group activities. You will receive a workbook and templates to take away.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.