Organisations are increasingly expected to engage with their stakeholders. However there is more to engaging with your stakeholders than having a communication plan, holding liaison meetings, having representatives on your advisory boards and consulting on important developments. In fact many methods, including consultation, are now contributing to disengagement.
This practical workshop will introduce you to contemporary thinking on stakeholder engagement, give you the tools to map and manage your stakeholder relationships and assist you in developing an actionable and measurable engagement strategy. You will leave the workshop with a "plan on a page" for more effectively engaging with two of your key stakeholders.
Who should attend:
This course is for:
- Managers and team leaders
- Relationship and key account managers
- Communication and public relations professionals
- Policy analysts and advisors
- Anyone who is concerned about developing more effective stakeholder relationships
- Understand what stakeholder engagement is and how it differs from other forms of relationship management
- Identify when to use this approach and the benefits
- Identify your key stakeholders and undertake an audit of at least two relationships
- Identify and evaluate a range of actions that can be used to build stakeholder engagement
- Develop a customised stakeholder engagement strategy for two key stakeholders.
- Why is stakeholder engagement important? - the contemporary challenges facing organisations in working with stakeholders.
- Untangling the language - in search of a definition. Bring clarity by teasing out the modes for working with stakeholders: representation, liaison, managing, consulting and engagement.
- Mapping your stakeholders - begin to use the 6F Toolkit to map and evaluate your stakeholders.
- Auditing your stakeholders - use the 6F questionnaire to evaluate two key stakeholder relationships against 6 factors that are present in effective stakeholder relationships.
- Effective approaches to building engagement - develop a list of approaches that can be used to build engaged relationships.
- Writing a Stakeholder Engagement Strategy - begin writing a "plan on a page" for two selected key stakeholders.
This intensive one-day workshop will introduce you to contemporary thinking in the field of stakeholder engagement. You will work in small groups with plenty of interaction. You will use the tools in the 6F Toolkit to identify and assess your key stakeholders and develop "plans on a page" for two of your key stakeholders. Ideally where there are a number of participants from the same organisation you will work together when writing your engagement plans.
You will be given comprehensive notes and the 6F Toolkit.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.