Project coordinators and administrators provide essential support for projects both large and small. Increasingly, project coordinators are required to know the details of the project scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality requirements and provide essential information to the project manager and team throughout a project life cycl
This one-day workshop will arm you with the skills needed to get started as a project coordinator, and will build on your current knowledge to enable you to become more productive in your role.
This is an introductory course aimed at the beginner and/or intermediate administration level.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those who are coordinating or administrating projects at a beginner/intermediate level.
If you are looking for a higher level course check out Practical Project Management or Project Management Level 1.
- Understand the basic terminology and definitions used in project management
- Identify the stages of a project's life cycle
- Define the role and responsibilities of the project coordinator
- Practise planning, scheduling, risk management and reporting techniques
Understand the project context
- Key project definitions
- Organisational environment and projects, programmes and portfolios
- Types of projects
- Project life cycle
- Relationship of project outputs, outcomes and benefits
Role of project coordination
- Roles and responsibilities of a project coordinator
- Relationship of the project coordinator to the project manager and project management team
- Tools for support planning – scope, schedules, budgets, quality, risk and communication
- Tools for monitoring, controlling and reporting on project progress
- Tools for closing a project and maximising learning
Working with people
- Influencing skills
- Problem solving
This is an interactive day of sharing and learning using a real-life case study to practise your learning. Each course has a maximum of 16 participants.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.