This two-day course is for data professionals tasked with delivering insights from data to others.
This two-day course is for data professionals tasked with delivering insights from data to others. You’ll learn to package, visualise and communicate your insights in a way that will make them as useful as possible to your target audience. This could include business intelligence, dashboards, infographics, evidence-based policy recommendations, marketing and communicating information to a wide variety of audiences.
Who should attend:
Professionals who are already working with data (eg business and policy analysts, researchers, planners etc) but want to improve their ability to communicate insights from that data in a way that’s easy for others to understand and act upon.
- Identify your target audience and demonstrate an understanding of their needs by selecting insights that are relevant to and actionable by them.
- Compare alternative ways of communicating data insights and select the most appropriate for the target audience and insight.
- Create deliverables, such as charts and graphs, tables, and infographics for communicating and visualizing the data insights.
- Evaluate your communication of data insights to identify potential sources of misunderstanding or miscommunication and identify ways to make them even more clear and actionable.
- Know your audience, including their context and background
- Find the data insights that matter to your audience
- Consider how best to express your insights to your audience (e.g., story telling, visualisations, simulations, data tables, equations)
- Creating deliverables (eg charts and graphs, tables, infographics etc)
- Evaluating the impact of deliverables
This course uses an interactive workshop format. Participants will have an opportunity to work on examples, including those related to their own work if they so choose, and should bring a computer.
Mary Ellen Gordon
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on: Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.