Introduction to project management tools and techniques as well as basic project management concepts and principles.
This is a highly interactive one-day workshop that will introduce you to a set of practical project management tools and techniques as well as basic project management concepts and principles.
Who should attend:
This course is for anyone who requires a set of useful and practical tools and techniques for project management and a framework so that they can apply a structured approach to projects. This course is especially relevant to people new to project management and those working in project teams.
- understand the practical application of basic project management principles
- understand key project success factors and typical project pitfalls
- understand project stakeholders and their expectations
- understand dynamic relationships and trade-off decisions between a project's scope, time, cost and quality
- understand roles and responsibilities of a project manager, a project sponsor and project team members
- define project outcomes and create a plan for achieving them
- secure management support for the project
- quickly establish realistic project timeframes and budgets
- select and build a project team
- identify project risks and mitigate them
- define the scope of a project
- monitor and report on project progress
- integrate project scope, resources, accountabilities, costs and deliverables.
The workshop is highly interactive to enable you to benefit from the experience of the other participants and the presenter. There will be a number of hands-on exercises to develop your practical skills to ensure that you can apply what you learn from the workshop in your own organisation immediately. Participants will be working in project teams to work on projects of their own choosing. You will receive extensive resource materials to take away.
The course is independent of project management software.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.