Finance for Non-Financial Managers explains the financial concepts and accounting processes used in most businesses and will provide practical techniques that will transform your effectiveness as a manager.
This course provides a foundation for you to understand and use financial information in decision making, including resource allocation and evaluating financial performance. It covers: reporting, the difference between accrual and cash accounting, and the interpretation of financial information in order to make effective decisions.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at all managers and laypersons who do not have financial training and who would like to utilise financial information to aid effective decision making. The course assumes participants can use a calculator and can do simple numeric calculations.
- Understand the art of finance - the terminology and the assumptions, estimates and biases that underlie the numbers.
- Understand the content and presentation of financial statements.
- Learn that profit is not equal to cash and the importance of cash.
- Learn how to read and analyse the accounting numbers including the use of ratios.
- Financial terminology and accounting concepts: the concepts and language of accounting is explained in easy to understand language.
- Understanding the numbers: why profits and most assets are estimates and what underlies them.
- The importance of cash as a reality check as to business performance.
- How to use finance tools to assist in strategic decision-making.
- Reading financial reports and understanding the financial picture.
This one day course places emphasis on the practical application of all concepts covered.
“I found it extremely useful for equipping me as a lay person with some tools to help me make personal investment decisions. I now feel confident to read a financial statement, understand why it is structured the way it is, and do some useful analysis which before the course I did not.”
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.