This two-day workshop looks at policy analysis and advisory roles in the New Zealand public sector context, including ways to enhance individual and organisational policy capability and performance. It is designed for public sector advisors and managers who are seeking to build the policy profession and enhance the effectiveness of the public sector advisory system.
To deliver the best quality learning experience on this course we require 12 or more participants. We make every attempt to reach this number, but if it is not reached we will reschedule the course and you will be given the choice to transfer to the new date or have your fee refunded. We appreciate your understanding with this.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for senior policy analysts, advisers and managers seeking to enhance policy skills, capability and leadership in their organisation.
- Designing and selecting approaches to policy development which are fit for purpose, reflect good practice principles and deliver public value;
- Creating effective policy and management strategies that support quality policy analysis and advising;
- Fostering skills development and policy leadership to enhance individual and organisational policy capability, performance and leadership.
- Policy analysis and advising - understanding the policy system;
- Expanding the policy toolkit: models, frameworks and strategies to support better policy practices;
- Advancing policy leadership: enhancing the quality and value of analysis and advice and building the policy profession;
- Improving policy communication and engagement with the Minister, stakeholders and the media;
- Building policy and management capability to enhance organisational and policy system performance.
This workshop uses different formats including presentation, small and large group discussion and case studies. Participants complete a pre-course questionnaire to identify specific areas of interest, and are expected to complete a small amount of pre-course reading material.
You will also receive a personal copy of Adding Value to Policy Analysis and Advice, C.Scott and K. Baehler (UNSW Press, 2010).
Claudia Scott and Denise Church
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.