Are you making the most of your leadership ability?
Are you having as much impact as you would like to have?
Do you know that there is even more that you could achieve but you are not quite sure how?
All leaders are hired to have an impact. The challenge for any leader though, given their unique set of circumstances, talents and resources, is working out how to have the greatest possible impact in their world.
What the High Impact Leader gives you is a philosophy, system and set of tools for having more impact, more easily, in the areas that matter most.
By attending this course you will increase your ability to:
- Make a bigger contribution to strategic priorities
- Identify and think strategically about the best ‘fast-path’ opportunities for greater impact
- Make better use of your own talents and skills in the areas that matter most
- Better leverage the talent and resources around you
- Apply smart thinking tools for achieving more impact with less effort
- Achieve more and have more time and energy for the rest of your life.
A note for Public Sector Leaders - The Leadership Success Profile (LSP):
The High Impact Leader maps strongly onto the following LSP capabilities:
- Leading strategically
- Enhancing organisational performance
- Enhancing people performance
- Enhancing team performance
- Achieving ambitious goals
- Managing work priorities
- Achieving through others
- Self-aware and agile
Who should attend:
The High Impact Leader is for mid to senior leaders who want to:
- Making a stronger strategic contribution
- Find smarter solutions for delivering real results
- Take their own performance to another level
- Make the most of their leadership strengths and abilities
- Deliver better results without sacrificing their health or important relationships.
Learn how to:
- Develop the mindset of a high impact leader
- Think strategically about impact and where the greatest opportunities for impact lie
- Understand clearly what you should focus on, and what you should say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to, to ensure greater impact
- Stay on track with your impact priorities, and get back on track more quickly, should you lose your way
- Develop a powerful suite of questions for identifying opportunities for greater impact
- Build and focus high levels of energy around achievement
- Play to your leadership strengths more easily and more often
- Leverage the talents and abilities of those around you.
Part 1: The Impact Focus
- Impact 101: The character, mindset and behaviour of a high impact leader
- Strategy and impact: How to ensure that strategy, leadership and impact are powerfully aligned
- Defining the critical activities: Becoming absolutely clear about which leadership activities matter most for impact
- Defining the critical capabilities: Becoming absolutely clear about which leadership capabilities matter most for impact
Part 2: The Impact Drivers
- Leading with purpose: How to make impact the organising principle of your leadership
- Your high impact leadership style: Refining your leadership style for greater impact as a leader
- High impact thinking: The three most powerful thinking frames for putting your impact on the fast path
Part 3: The Impact Levers
- The high energy leader: Why energy and optimism are the currency of impact and how to build and maintain high levels of both
- Leading from your strengths: How to understand and make the most of your unique strengths as a leader
- Amplifying results: How to make the most of ‘what is working’ for a disproportionate ROI
- Impact improvement: How to create and run successful impact improvement experiments
Part 4: Putting it into Practice
This course includes a mix of stories, mini-lectures, self-reflection, small group exercises and group discussion. You will increase your skills through applying simple tools and templates that help you to understand your leadership and how to add value to your team, organisation or community.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.