Leadership Fundamentals is a one-day intensive course that introduces new and aspiring leaders to the essential foundations for effective leadership.
Leadership Fundamentals is a one-day intensive course that introduces new and aspiring leaders to the essential foundations for effective leadership. The programme teaches people, who are relatively new to leadership, what they need to know and be able to do in order to start to make an effective contribution as a leader.
In short, the course covers what you most need to focus on to give yourself the best chance of leadership success.
By attending this course you will increase your ability to:
- Understand what it really means to be, think and act like a leader
- Move into action with greater certainty and confidence
- Build stronger working relationships with those who you work with
- Use your existing skills and abilities more effectively
- Learn more quickly from your experiences of leadership to accelerate your development.
A note for Public Sector Leaders - The Leadership Success Profile (LSP):
Leadership Fundamentals maps strongly onto the following LSP capabilities:
- Leading strategically
- Leading with influence
- Engaging others
- Achieving ambitious goals
- Self-aware and agile
Who should attend:
This course is for people:
- Who may be new to a leadership role and want to understand how to deliver better results more quickly
- Who have the potential to step into leadership roles and want to strengthen their readiness for leadership and their ability to ‘hit the ground running’
- In informal leadership roles, who want to strengthen their ability to apply more of their skills in the service of their organisation’s objectives.
Learn how to:
- Develop clarity around the requirements for effective leadership and how these relate to you
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills and abilities you already possess
- Deepen your ability to apply the critical behaviours for ‘everyday leadership’
- Appreciate and apply the practical requirements for leadership success
- Understand and apply the simple keys for accelerating your development and contribution as a leader.
The course will cover:
- Leadership 101: Defining leadership, why leadership matters, why you matter as a leader, and the essential nature of the leadership journey
- The leadership focus: Understanding who and what you stand for as a leader, building a strong relationship between organisation strategy and leadership action, and developing a clear understanding of your leadership style and approach
- Reading your world: Understanding what makes others ‘tick’, and how to see the world through their eyes; and understanding how your world works and the significance for leadership action
- The art of influence: How to build great working relationships with your team and across your organisation; and understanding the structure of influence and how to increase your own potential for influence
- The leadership mindset: How to be at your best more often, build and maintain your confidence levels, and bounce back more quickly in the face of adversity
- Learning to succeed: Understanding how to drive your learning and accelerate your success over time.
This course includes a mix of stories, mini-lectures, self-reflection, small group exercises and group discussion. You will increase your skills through applying simple tools and templates that help you to understand your leadership and how to add value to your team, organisation or community.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.