Leadership Fundamentals is a one-day intensive course that introduces new and aspiring leaders to the essential foundations for effective leadership.
Leadership Fundamentals is a one-day intensive course that introduces new and aspiring leaders to the essential foundations for effective leadership. The programme teaches people, who are relatively new to leadership, what they need to know and be able to do in order to start to make an effective contribution as a leader.
Who should attend:
This course is for people:
- who may be new to a leadership role and want to understand how to deliver better results more quickly
- who have the potential to step into leadership roles and want to strengthen their readiness for leadership and their ability to ‘hit the ground running’
- in informal leadership roles, who want to strengthen their ability to apply more of their skills in the service of their organisation’s objectives.
- understand what it really means to be, think and act like a leader
- deepen their ability to apply critical behaviours for ‘everyday leadership’
- appreciate and apply practical requirements for leadership success
- understand and apply three simple keys for accelerating development and impact as a leader.
The course will cover:
- why leadership matters and why you matter as a leader
- the essential nature of the leadership journey
- the leadership identity and the leadership mindset
- everyday leadership—understanding leadership as a micro-behaviour
- succeeding as a leader (even when you are not completely sure what you are doing)
- the art of learning to lead—understanding how to drive your learning, contribution and impact.
This is a one-day intensive course with a central focus on the foundations for successful leadership. You will learn through stories, mini-lectures, self-reflection, small group exercises and group discussion; and through applying simple tools and templates to understand and assess your world.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.