The rise to new levels of leadership responsibility requires emerging leaders to build on their current strengths while developing new capabilities that will increase their leadership contribution and impact.
The Emerging Leaders Programme immerses you in the critical knowledge and expertise you need to accelerate your leadership contribution and career. The programme provides a unique opportunity to reflect on your leadership strengths, style and approach. It teaches you how to mobilise these capacities to achieve your important professional goals.
By attending this course you will increase your ability to:
- Unlock the keys to effective leadership for you and your world
- Be more strategic in your orientation and approach
- Tackle the big challenges more confidently
- Make the most of your own ability, and the abilities of others, for better results
- Understand, at a deeper level, exactly what your leadership strengths are
- Take charge of your leadership, contribution, and success.
A note for Public Sector Leaders - The Leadership Success Profile (LSP):
The Emerging Leaders Programme maps strongly onto the following LSP capabilities:
- Leading strategically
- Leading with influence
- Engaging others
- Enhancing people performance
- Developing talent
- Enhancing team performance
- Honest and courageous
- Self-aware and agile
Who should attend:
The Emerging Leaders Programme is for leaders relatively new to leadership who want to discover how to make more of their leadership potential.
An emerging leader is someone who is part of the next generation of leaders. You can be considered an emerging leader if:
- You have recently moved into a leadership role and are ready to make a bigger contribution to your organisation or community
- You are responsible for influencing across your organisation or community in key project areas but do not yet carry the title of leader
- You are a strong performer and are preparing to assume your first formal leadership role
- You have been told by a senior colleague that you have leadership potential or they consider you to be an emerging leader.
Learn how to:
- Understand clearly what leadership means for you in your world
- Strengthen your appreciation of the value you bring as an emerging leader
- Increase your confidence in your ability to make a difference
- Build on your current strengths and develop new approaches for increasing your leadership contribution
- Understand and apply the main drivers of individual and team performance
- Think strategically as a day-to-day action habit
- Apply advanced communication skills
- Motivate yourself and others to achieve higher levels of performance
- Apply tools and strategies that will allow you to coach others towards superior performance
- Strengthen your ability to be resilient in the face of adversity.
The course covers:
- Leadership 101: Coming to grips with leadership and what it really means to be a leader
- The leadership mindset: How to develop and apply the mindset of a successful leader
- Leading on purpose: Being clear about who you are and what you stand for as a leader, defining your yardsticks for success and keep these in the foreground as you go
- Strategy in action: How to powerfully align your work with strategic priorities and think strategically as a conscious action habit
- Reading your world: Navigate your unique context, building strong relationships, working with individual differences, and influencing others
- Coaching for individual performance: How to unlock the capabilities of others and coach them to higher levels of achievement
- Coaching for team performance: How to unlock the collective ability of your team and improve team performance
- The art of resilience: Building a solid foundation for resilience and ‘bouncing back’ more quickly in the face of adversity.
This course includes a mix of stories, mini-lectures, self-reflection, small group exercises and group discussion. You will increase your skills through applying simple tools and templates that help you to understand your leadership and how to add value to your team, organisation or community.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.