This two-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to successfully complete a survey research project. It will take you from the initial sample and mode selection, through to the questionnaire design, data cleaning and weighting and the final data analysis.
Who should attend:
Professionals who need to implement or commission survey research, but who don’t have a lot of experience doing those things.
- Identify the best mode (online, in person, phone, post) and sampling plan for your survey based on your objectives and population of interest.
- Design questionnaires that meet your objectives and are as user-friendly as possible.
- Determine when weighting of survey responses is appropriate.
- Prepare data for analysis.
- Execute basic analysis of survey responses.
- Discuss limitations of survey results.
- Day 1
- Pros and cons of different ways of collecting survey data
- Strategies for increasing response rates
- Questionnaire design
- Day 2
- Cleaning, preparing and weighting survey responses
- Analysis of survey results
- Identifying a survey’s limitations
This course uses an interactive workshop format. Participants will have an opportunity to work on examples, including those related to their own work if they so choose, and should bring a computer.
Mary Ellen Gordon
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.