This is a restricted entry course for public sector experienced finance professionals.
Strategic Problem Solving focuses on the key drivers for sound problem solving, judgment and decision making.
- Would you like to be more strategic in your problem solving and decision making approach?
- Would you like to more easily find a solution for the challenging problems and decisions you face?
- Would you like greater confidence in the quality of your decision-making and judgment?
Problem Solving, Decision-making and Success
All leaders need to solve problems and make decisions. The critical question, however, is how do you give yourself the best chance of doing so successfully? The answer matters because the long-term success of your organization depends on it
Successful leaders are able to make good decisions because they assimilate information from a multitude of areas, understand how their organisation works, analyse and consider the consequences of their options and then quickly respond with a sound decision.
The Art of Strategic Problem Solving focuses on the key drivers for sound problem solving, judgment and decision making.
Who should attend:
This programme is for experienced finance professionals who want to:
- better understand how their actions and decisions impact organisation success
- strengthen their problem solving and decision making skills in order to become a more valuable contributor to organisational success
- understand the personal and interpersonal drivers of successful problem solving and decision making and how to use this knowledge to improve decision quality
- develop the ability to see beyond your specialist training and a single organisational function to consider the more global factors relevant to problem solving and decision making
- appreciate and apply the requirements for problem solving, judgment and decision making to the kinds of challenges and situations your organisation faces
- understand your own blind spots, how they may interfere with the quality of your problem solving and decision making, and what you can do about it
- assemble a powerful set of problem solving and decision making tools
- understand the potential group and contextual constraints on problem solving and decision making and how to navigate these
- What is Strategic Problem Solving?
- Thinking objectively - analysing the ‘facts’ of a situation
- Strategic analysis and the significance of strategic assumptions
- Understanding your decision making pattern and style
- Blind spot analysis and management
- Multi-perspective thinking
- Quick fire creative problem solving and analysis
- Thinking systemically across time and space
What will I get from the programme?
On completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand your own decision making strengths and weaknesses and how to manage them
- Apply a toolkit of problem solving and decision making tools appropriate for a diverse range of situations
- Develop street-smart insights into the best options for improvement that are more likely to work in your world
- Understand clearly how your actions and decisions will impact on the success of your organisation and use that knowledge to make good judgments and decisions