Restorative justice is a process used in schools, the justice system, workplaces, and universities to repair harm following conflict or misconduct through focusing on the impacts of the incident and what can be done to make things right. The training offers concrete tools to build and maintain healthy, productive communities.
This training will provide you with a firm understanding of restorative principles and the skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate restorative justice conferences.
Who should attend?
This course teaches skills that are applicable to anyone dealing with conflict or misconduct, whether in the workplace or the broader community.
- Understand restorative justice and the restorative paradigm
- Be able to facilitate a restorative justice pre-conference
- Be able to facilitate a restorative justice conference
- Form a plan to integrate restorative justice in your context
- Introduction to restorative justice and the restorative paradigm
- How to facilitate a restorative justice pre-conference
- How to facilitate a restorative justice conference
- Important skills for restorative justice practitioners
- Restorative justice in your context
This experiential training will offer participants the opportunity to practice and cement new skills through activities, role plays, small group interactions, and large group discussions.
- Size: 10-20
- Materials: Workbook, The Little Book of Restorative Justice by Howard Zehr
Haley Farrar, J.D. and Lindsey Pointer
“The level of understanding I gained in the training for the Restorative Justice process, intricate details regarding small aspects of the process and why they work was priceless and will continue to advance my ability to apply this in all situations in my career and personal life. Thank you.”
- Residential Life Manager
“I think everyone can learn something from this, even if they aren’t dealing with misconduct.”
- Dr. Alan Libert, Senior Lecturer in Linguistics
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.