A Leadership style is literally your style of leading, your general approach to leadership. While many styles of leadership have been identified, the more important driver of leadership effectiveness is understanding your own leadership style and how best to apply it in your world.
Discover your Leadership Style is a one-day intensive course that helps leaders to discover, clearly define, and apply their own leadership style. The course helps you discover exactly what your leadership style is and how to use this knowledge to strengthen authenticity, contribution and impact.
In short, this course helps you understand ‘who you are’ as a leader and how to make the most of that knowledge for organisation success.
By attending this course you will increase your ability to:
- Understand clearly who you are and what you stand for as a leader
- Move into action with greater certainty and confidence
- Play to your strengths as a leader more easily
- Use your existing skills and abilities more effectively
- Apply your leadership style consistently for results.
A Note For Public Sector Leaders - The Leadership Success Profile (LSP):
Discover your Leadership Style maps strongly onto the following LSP capabilities:
- Leading with influence
- Engaging others
- Achieving ambitious goals
- Honest and courageous
- Self-aware and agile
Who should attend:
This course is for any leader who wants to:
- Understand and more clearly define their leadership style and the implications for leadership success
- Be more consistent in their leadership approach and have a strong foundation for doing so
- Discover how to make the most of their leadership style in their unique context
- Lead their team and their organisation to better results and in a way that reflects who they are and their unique strengths as a leader.
Learn how to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the key features of your leadership style
- Develop clarity around which qualities and behaviours represent your leadership style and which don’t
- Strengthen your ability to consistently bring your leadership style to ‘everyday leadership’ situations
- Consider the implications of your leadership style for future leadership situations
- Ensure that you understand clearly what it means for you to ‘walk your talk’ as a leader.
The course will cover:
- Leadership styles and leadership success: What is leadership style, why does it matter and what is the significance for leadership success?
- Beginning from what you know: Understanding, based on your lived experience, what does and doesn’t constitute an appropriate leadership style
- Leading on purpose: Understanding clearly your values, purpose and vision for leadership
- Your leadership manifesto: Understanding clearly what you do and don’t stand for as a leader
- Your leadership brand: Using branding theory as thinking tool to define the key characteristic of your leadership; and the ideal impact a relationship with you will have on someone else
- Style integration: Distilling the material from the day into a clear leadership style statement – qualities and behaviours
- Putting it into practice: Creating a clear leadership style and impact mini-development plan
This course includes a mix of stories, mini-lectures, self-reflection, small group exercises and group discussion. You will increase your skills through applying simple tools and templates that help you to understand your leadership and how to add value to your team, organisation or community.
If you would like more information about this programme, please contact us on:
Ph: 64 4 463 6556 Email: email@example.com
Victoria Professional and Executive Development are able to customise many of our workshops to meet specific individual or organisational requirements. Please contact us for further information.